WHS Boosters Club Fact Sheet
Mission Statement: To add financial support to boys’ and girls' athletic teams, club sports, and intramural sports within Weston High School
Objective: To achieve increased interest, loyalty, and participation from the entire Weston community in assisting our children in their academic and athletic pursuits to more fully develop character as well as healthy minds and bodies
Goal: 100% membership by athletes’ families
Where funds come from: 100% of funds come from membership fees and annual fundraisers; the Boosters Club is a volunteer organization
Athletics Statistics at WHS:
• 70% of students participate in at least one sport, with nearly 900 students participating in the overall athletic program
• WHS averages 50 All State athletes per year
• WHS athletic teams have averaged 7 South-West Conference Championships and over 5 State Championships per year for the last 12 years
For the past four years, an average of $50,000 per year was spent on improving the WHS athletic experience for our student athletes. Annual expenses include:
- Scholar Athlete Awards (recognizing the athletic and academic achievements of the senior class)
- Trophies, plaques, and special recognition awards
- State Championship jackets
- Funding for the Leadership Circle
- Concussion baseline testing software
- The Boosters Barn loan repayment
- Funding for turf field replacement
- Coach spectator buses for playoff games
- Team specific equipment and apparel (see home page for recent expenditures)
The WHS Boosters work to help close the gap between the financial demands of WHS athletic programs and the many pressures on the school budget and to help WHS athletic programs to continue to flourish. Some of the current goals are:
- Continued enhancement of all athletics facilities.
- Assist with capital equipment needs for all sports, as needed.
- Continued support of the WHS Scholar/Athlete awards.